Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sedation Vacation

We had your dental appointment to get your 4 cavities fixed. We arrived bright and early in our jammies, and the dentist gave you a shot of ketamine and versed. It kicked in immediately and you got really sleepy. Dr. Scholzen took you back to the exam room and I waited patiently for him to finish. Once he was done, he put you in my arms till you woke up. You were so silly coming out of the sedation. He said you would probably be seeing double for a while. You kept reaching for things and talking with slurred speech. I kept laughing at you. Once you were alert enough, they let us go home. You couldn't hold your head up, so I had to do it for you. I decided I would run to Wal-Mart and grab you a present since you did so well. I tried to lay you down in the cart, but you wouldn't do it, so I held you and your head up. All of a sudden, you threw up all over me in the middle of the store! What a mess! We cleaned it up, and headed to the toy aisle. You picked out an ambulance from your favorite show/books "Cars." We headed home and enjoyed the rest of our day. While you were watching TV, you kept saying, "There's 2 Bootses and 2 Doras!" It was so funny. You also tried eating a gogurt but had trouble getting it in your mouth, since you were seeing double. You were rather sleepy and we loved just laying around all day. In total, you ended having 5 cavities! That's a lot of work for one little boy!

2 comments:

Billie Sue said...

These are the kind of little entries that children love to read as they get older and read about themselves! It's very good for children to get to know "themselves" through cute, little recall stories like this. What a good little mother to take the time and make the effort to record these little events. Good job, Mom!

Billie Sue said...

Oh, sorry -- forgot to say that I LOVE the picture at the top. You couldn't have gotten anything better if you had a professional do the job! Love your ambition!