Thursday, January 28, 2010
First Dentist
Jack had his first dentist appointment on January 27, 2010. We arrived to the pediatric dentist office and unfortunately had to wait for an hour and a half before we finally got to see the dentist. By this point, we had missed lunch and were well into nap time. Jack was not too happy about being trapped in a room with so many dental tools for so long, but luckily the dentist finally came in. I made the appointment for his initial check-up, but I knew he had a couple of spots on a couple of teeth that were concerning. As soon as he looked in his mouth, he said they were definitely cavities. I asked him what I could do, or what I have done to cause this. I was rather annoyed at his response, because he told me it was my poor brushing that had caused it. I beg to differ, but oh well, what could I say? He also said that going to bed with a sippy cup or drinking lots of juice is problematic. Jack does neither of those. I am going to chalk this one up to genetics, but obviously the dentist did not agree. Jack cried for most of the appointment. He sat on my lap and laid his head back so the dentist could do his examination. He was happy at the end when he got his balloon and book, and I was less than happy when I got the estimate of how much the 4 cavities, plus sealants(he of course recommended) and SEDATION for the procedure would be. Thank heavens for dental insurance, or it would cost a whole lot more. I hope we can get these little teethies fixed and stay on top of his dental work before it gets too bad. I wanted to take a picture to document this fun little milestone for him, but I couldn't get him to hold still! This is the best I could do...... A pre-dentist shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment